I’m Emma, I’m currently in the process of completing my PhD – I use trans theory to analyse post-90s trans-authored fiction.
I’m also an Associate Lecturer at Sheffield Hallam University – I teach on the Introduction to English Studies, Introduction to Critical Theory, Writing Yourself, Literary Theory and Philosophy of Literature, and Gothic House Fictions modules.
I have some creative writing published:
- ‘Remember?’ in The C Word: An anthology of writing from Cardiff, published by Cinnamon Press in 2011
- ‘Black Sand in Glass Bottles’ in Severine Literary and Art Journal – Wanderlust Issue – https://issuu.com/severinelit/docs/issuethree_wanderlust (p.15-19). Reviewed by FictionFeed here: http://www.fictionfeed.net/the-world-traveler/
- ‘Shells In My Pocket’ in CrabFat Magazine – http://crabfatmagazine.com/article/emma-hutson/
- ‘The Space Between Breaths’ in The Harpoon Review – http://www.harpoonreview.com/emma-hutson
- ‘Footsteps’ – won second place in the Off The Shelf short story competition
- ‘The Acceptance of Questioning” in The Asexual Journal – http://theasexual.com/article/2017/9/29/emma-hutson-the-acceptance-of-questioning
– I wrote a guest post on surviving the PhD for the PhD Bites series – https://jaimack.wordpress.com/2016/10/27/phd-bites-2-emma-hutson/
I’m on Twitter – @Emma_S_Hutson