I’m Emma, I completed my PhD and got job outside of academia. This is now an archive.
I’m currently in the process of completing my PhD – I use trans theory to analyse post-90s trans-authored fiction. I’m also an Associate Lecturer – I teach on the Introduction to English Studies, Introduction to Critical Theory, Writing Yourself, Literary Theory and Philosophy of Literature, and Gothic House Fictions modules.
I have some creative writing published:
- ‘Remember?’ in The C Word: An anthology of writing from Cardiff, published by Cinnamon Press in 2011
- ‘Black Sand in Glass Bottles’ in Severine Literary and Art Journal – Wanderlust Issue – https://issuu.com/severinelit/docs/issuethree_wanderlust (p.15-19). Reviewed by FictionFeed here: http://www.fictionfeed.net/the-world-traveler/
- ‘Shells In My Pocket’ in CrabFat Magazine – http://crabfatmagazine.com/article/emma-hutson/
- ‘The Space Between Breaths’ in The Harpoon Review – http://www.harpoonreview.com/emma-hutson
- ‘Footsteps’ – won second place in the Off The Shelf short story competition
- ‘The Acceptance of Questioning” in The Asexual Journal – http://theasexual.com/article/2017/9/29/emma-hutson-the-acceptance-of-questioning
- Meringue House – Severine Literary and Art Journal –https://issuu.com/severinelit/docs/issue_seven_between__fin (page 38)
- Stone – Analogies and Allegories Lit Mag. https://www.analogiesandallegories.com/issues/issue-8-hope
- Unplanned Tea Break – Powders Press – https://www.powderspress.com/issues (Issue 4, P.17)
– I wrote a guest post on surviving the PhD for the PhD Bites series – https://jaimack.wordpress.com/2016/10/27/phd-bites-2-emma-hutson/
3 thoughts on “About”
Hi Emma – I’ve really enjoyed reading your posts on the blog. Could you possibly include a subscribe widget so that I can get the posts direct to my Inbox? 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hi, I’m really glad you’re enjoying my blog, thanks for saying so. I’ve had a play around and I think I’ve added a widget, it should *fingers crossed* be at the bottom of each post.